Custom Search

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Unfriend

Image Credit: Flickr.Com

Friendship is a gift
not for people who drift
a relationship so precious
for one who is affectuous.

Must admit I’m sentimental
friendship isn’t incidental
it’s a choice people make
a risk people take.

Friendship isn’t for fun
a friend is a loved-one
looking forward to lend a hand
and ears that understand.

But when one bruises trust
the bond dissipates like dust
when people fail to make amend
it could be the time to unfriend.

Distrust is like a whirlwind
that can leave a home ruined
pain is a ruthless fiend
causing destruction too taxing to mend.

Sadness grips the heart
breaking it far apart
cutting deep into the soul
burning like hard coal.

It all happened suddenly
didn’t have time to think properly
I thought I did the right thing
by catching the bat swing.

But I failed to fight for a friend
I failed to shield and defend
leaving a wound instead
hurting deeply a beloved.

For welcoming a stranger’s hoot
a precious rose I almost uproot
it pains me deep to hear her weep
as long as it lingers, I won’t find sleep.

It’s never too late to say sorry
a heavy heart is hard to carry
mumbling a prayer in desperation
may the Lord grant the reparation.



Copyright © March 2013 by Arnel Oroceo for Of Verses and Rhymes
All Rights Reserved, International Copyright Secured

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Roll