Custom Search

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's Over

Young Love Image c/o karaoke-lyrics.net
One thing beautiful about young lovers is that for them, love is all that matters. However, as we mature, we realize that no matter how big is the love that a couple shares and no matter how true it is, it is not enough.

It is the painful part of loving: trying to get the strength to endure the pain of letting go. Somehow, you may survive but deep inside you know you will live in the memory of that one love over and over even if it's over.

Below is a copy of a poem, "It's Over", which I have set into music. I have finished the poem on March 10, 2004 at 12:00AM. I finished the music two days after at 6:00PM.


Why do I feel this way?
It's hard for me to say;
While life must go on
I'll have to live the rest of my life alone.

I won't make it hard for you,
While love could be so true,
It won't be enough
We have to face the fact that we're not that tough.

It's over, I guess
This is just where it ends
The hope we'd like to hold on to
Has been swept away and lost

It's over, just like
how you blow off a candle light
It's just gone;
It's gone forever.


Copyright © July 2012 by Arnel Oroceo for Of Verses and Rhymes
All Rights Reserved, International Copyright Secured

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Roll